As part of George’s treatment he’s regularly on steroids – don’t expect pictures of a body building a 3 year old!
These are the side effects:
- Increased energy and wakefulness (i.e. lets stay up ALLLLLLLL night!)
- Mood swings (I love you mummy… GO AWAY!!!!)
- Increased risk of infections (This is new to me, good old Google)
- Increased appetite (No shit.. we’re talking “can I have a ham butty?” at 3am!)
- Indigestion (as there’s no space left in that tum)
George became partial to a continental meat platter here and a box of 50 cocktail sausages there during his last run of steroids. His absolute favourite though, was a Peperami or three! So imagine his delight now he’s back on steroids when a box of 100 Peperamis arrived in the post!
One of our lovely thoughtful friends contacted Peperami without us knowing and we received a box full plus a freaky Peperami sausage squidgy toy that shouts aggressively.
It was hilarious bless him, though I did have to ‘put them away’ or his dietician will have a heart attack.
Another lovely act of kindness x